Instagram is an internet based app that allows you share photos either privately or publicly. It is available both in a mobile and desktop format. The app has become very attractive due to the number of monthly users which has grown to 700 million between 2010 when it was created and now. Creating an Instagram business account is one sure way of attracting prospective customers.
Why Instragram is Good for Business
There are many reasons why Instagram is good for business but here are the top four:
- Pictures can speak louder than words. Pictures can elicit emotions and get viewers to connect with your brand in a dynamic way.
- The app provides an opportunity to go viral through the re-posting function. As viewers share your pictures, they stand a chance of going viral thereby putting your brand in front of millions of potential customers.
- Internet users spend more time on Instagram than any other social media network besides Facebook according to this research by comScore.
- According to Shopify, visits that end with a purchase on Instagram will generate higher revenue than those of other social media platforms.
How to Switch Your Instagram Account to a Business Account
- If you want to convert your Instagram account to a business account, ensure you have the latest update. You also have to ensure your account is Public as private accounts cannot be switched to Business accounts.
- Open your app and go to your profile.
- Tap on the Settings icon at the top of your profile.
- Click on Switch to Business and select the Facebook page you want to associate your Instagram Business Account with.
- You will then be prompted to edit, keep or delete the contact information pulled from your Facebook page.
- Click on the ‘Done’ button and your account is all set up.
For more details about your Instagram Business Account, see here. If this article was helpful, then you would like Faith History’s interview with Julchit Dadi. Julchit is an Instagram expert, she spoke with Faith about best practices on the platform. You can go directly to the audio here.